Mission and Vision
To become a leader in the development of mindful and engaged citizens who contribute to a more just and humane world.
To deepen our understanding of civic responsibility and enhance our capacity to act as locally responsive and globally aware citizens.
We seek to make decisions and engage in actions that:
- Foster mutual learning
- Build lasting capacity
- Ensure equity and access
- Embrace diversity in community
- Demonstrate integrity and respect
Our primary goals for the next three years are to:
- Build a culture of engaged citizenship at VCU
- Foster innovative strategies that leverage unique VCU strengths and address 21st century issues
- Strengthen service-learning scholarship, including analysis of outcomes and impact for involved students, faculty and community partners
- Increase awareness of service-learning on campus and in the community
- Enhance rewards and recognition for faculty, students and community partners
- Strengthen program infrastructure and capacity.
*These statements were created and approved by the VCU Service-learning Program Advisory Council on Jan. 24, 2010, as part of a comprehensive strategic planning process.
View the 2014-2015 Service-Learning Impact Measure Report (PDF)
View the 2013-2014 Service-Learning Annual Report (PDF)
View the 2013-2014 Service-Learning Impact Measure Report (PDF)